Saturday, July 14, 2007

Lazy

Yes, I’ve been bad. I haven’t written as I should, but things have gotten a little hectic and I’m just lazy.

So, I’ll just give you highlights as to what has gone down –

I’ve submitted my proposal to Partnership Program for the improvements to my artisan ovens – this will be explain more in about a week…I hope.

Power Point presentation for Riki and Lori – if you want to see it, you’ll have to email me that request. It was about a gift for them that never quite made it.

Cleaned computers – this harkens way back to the first few months of my service when two of my schools solicited computers. The computers have arrived in the capitol and I went to help clean them. Their casings were really quite gross. The work was boring but it did have it’s up points – like when that really strong tremor happened. We’ve been getting quite a few of those…but, no…it doesn’t make me nervous.

I made cinnamon rolls from scratch – go me!

Went and worked in an English class. I was showing a teacher how to play a grammar game with his students. I cut a paragraph up into words and the students had to put each sentence back into order. They eventually got them all right – took some time though. I enjoy working with the teachers – the only glitch is getting them to replicate the exercises after I’ve done them. Sometimes they want me to do them repeatedly. We’ll work on that.

Our latest round of the soccer tournament went off without anyone getting punched or disqualified. Sweet.

I have 8 other gringos in town now – there a church group that comes down once a year to play with the kids and help in the school. Apparently, their priest served down here about 12 years ago and comes back multiple times each year. I saw him around Christmas time last year. You can only imagine their surprise at running into me on the street. They were like – you live here alone? Yup. The group will be switching members sporadically, but as a whole should be around for about a month.

Working on saying farewell to Rachael – she’s the volunteer in the site next to mine and she finishes her two years of service this month. She’s already came down for a bbq (I made some really good food) and I headed up to her side for her last dance. I hope the newbie they put up there is good. I’LL MISS YOU RACHAEL!!

The only annoying stuff was when people thought I just hadn’t shown up for two days and didn’t bother to ask what I was doing. Surprisingly, I was actually working in the capital. All well – such is life.

I believe that’s all the highlights – everything else was the usual stuff. Later!

No comments: