Monday, October 15, 2007

Scrub, Scrub, Scrub

The first half of the week was spent....scrubbing! What? computers!

Remember a long time ago when I was talking about some of my schools buying cheap computers? Well, they arrived (the computers) in country and had to be formatted and cleaned. So, I cleaned - with solvents and mineral stuff....I think I may have lowered my level of education from the fumes, but well worth it!

Why? It helped bump my schools up on the waiting list so that, hopefully, they'll receive their computers this week.

What else did I scrub? The house! We've been getting a lot of rain recently - October seems to be the rainiest month - and it's been causing a bunch of mold to grow around my house, mostly on the back patio area. I think the rise in river level has also been encouraging rodents to visit my place at night.

The rain has also been preventing clothes from drying - if this keeps up for too much longer, I'll be short on almost everything very soon.

Other then all that fun, there was the birthday party for Jessica's little girl - Alondra celebrated her first year! It was a cute party, but Iris, Veronica and I just sat on the sidelines. The games were meant for the little ones and I got the distinct impression that a big kid couldn't play.

All well, better luck next time.

No comments: