Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Part II: July 1st!


So, instead of celebrating July 4th, we celebrated July 1st...b/c it was on a weekend. All the trainees and a bunch of volunteers went to the American Society Fund Raiser an the Sharaton Hotel. It was awesome!

We arrived (Whitney, Andrea, and I) pretty early...I´d say around 10:30ish. We just sort of hung around the hotel. Watched some soccer (just enough to see Englad lose) and then chilled in a hotel room. A bunch of volunteers had reserved various rooms for the night and that´s where I threw my stuff.. At around 1ish, the Peace Corps Soccor Games began. It seems the teams are divided according to volunteer work....ie muni´s with muni´s, agroforesty with agroforesty.... I didn´t play, I had a pounding headache. So after watching/chating with a bunch of people, I headed back to the pool! It was huge! It even had a waterfall. Everyone pretty much spent the afternoon swimming, drinking and talking. Apparently I suck at marco polo. Dinner took forever to come, though I did throughly enjoy my hamburger and potato salad when it was served. I think it was overpriced..i know it was a fundraiser, but still! Maybe I´m just bitter that I didn´t win any of the raffle prizes. After dinner the training office decided to come and get us. 14 trainees decided it was too early to leave...so we booked ONE hotel room. How awesome it that! I took advantage of the shower....I must of taken one of the hottest showers of my life. It was beautiful.

It was after that shower that things went downhill for me......Part III: And then there was the hospital.

No comments: