Saturday, May 05, 2007

A slow quick week

I could of titled this entry as ‘the package that was not to be’ – unfortunately, I was unable to get a package from Aunt Joanne. There seems to of been a miscommunication in relation to the mailings of packages. Packages are usually sent to me via regular mail because sending it through a specialized carrier (fedex/dhl) requires me to go to the airport to pick it up. There are also other numerous costs that were adding up that in the end defeated the chance of me getting the package….and now those evil people at DHL are eating my Girl Scout cookies!! Darn them!

That pretty much killed off Monday. Thankfully Tuesday was better. This ‘lil Ehlen BBQed it up! That’s right, I bought myself a $6 BBQ & charcoal and had chicken/potatoes that night. It’s a little harder to get the charcoal going since I don’t have any lighter fluid or alcohol in the house (I know, a shock about the lighter fluid). But I did it! Next up will be BBQing some steak? How sweet can it get….

That leads me to the stoves. I’ve placed all three within the community. The first two went to individual venders and the third went to the school. I’m anxiously awaiting results and to hear the opinions of the women. Then it will be onward toward teaching my artisans how to build them. Hopefully, it’ll all work out.

Otherwise, I just have been organizing a few little things. Hopefully, they will start coming together within the next few weeks.

No comments: