Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving!

Turkey Week!

This week was a pretty full week as well.

Monday I spent doing a dental presentation in the morning and handing out toothbrushes (thanks Dr. Levy!). The afternoon was just arranging for the last bit of transport for the materials. I can’t wait for the guy to start work so that it is less of my responsibility. Ohh…I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this, but if you would like to check out the progress of the project:

http://artisansofsddg.blogspot.com

Enjoy.

I´m not exactly sure what happened to Tuesday and Wednesday – I do remember baking brownies, but that brings us to Turkey Day!

I spent Thanksgiving in the home of a couple from Texas. They’re in town working with an NGO called Samaritans Purse. Along with myself, was another volunteer (Carl), a Salvadorian and an Argentinean. It was a nice evening of good home cooked food and good conversation. I also didn’t mind chillin and watching TV in the evening – I hadn’t seen CSI in ages!

Friday saw me running back to my community to get things organized for Monday. On Monday I went to the embassy to sell artisan goods with other volunteers. So, over the weekend I was receiving artisan goods in my house and making rather large signs.

One of the NGO´s that my pottery people work with heard I was going, so asked me to bring some of their other goods….I definitely got aprovechared (taken advantage of). Thankfully, all the artisans chipped in to pay for the transport and two volunteers met me at the embassy to help. I would’ve been in major trouble if Joe and Natalie hadn’t come along.

To show my undying appreciation, I invited them back to my house for a bbq. They took up my offer and we had a great night of good food and catching up. We even popped open a bottle of wine and read a love letter I had received that day. It was a sweet letter from a guy that I talked to for about 10 minutes in a bus terminal – this is why I don’t talk to boys.

Not much more, only that the photo that was taken of me at the MANA concert actually made it into the magazine…I’m famous!

No comments: