Monday, February 25, 2008

Late posting this one

I believe I just hid in my house for most of that weekend – sleeping and recovering from illness. Though, I did manage to clean my house on Saturday morning, which lead me to pass out for most of Saturday afternoon. I didn’t sleep the entire thing away, I managed to head over to Iris’s to play ‘uno’. Yup, it is still an obsession.

I won’t claim to much happening last week. I did manage to sell the bags of cement, at a loss. It couldn’t be helped, the bags had hardened (not completely) because someone placed ice near them during a party. What luck!

I also learned last week and confirmed this week that one of my artisans wasn’t going to hold up to the contract she signed. She decided to use the materials to build a new kiln instead of building the chimney. I was and still am pretty disappointed and am waiting for the gossip on the street to start. I’m not looking forward to explaining to the 8 other artisans why they complied and she’s not. I also gained insight as to why – I believe she is under the impression that more bricks were given to other artisans and thus she shouldn’t have to buy more. I explained that the other artisans bought their additional bricks, but apparently, they do not believe me. All well, you win some and then you lose some.

Otherwise, on Sunday I headed out with Sonia, her boyfriend and a crew to BBQ at the waterfall. It was a nice day – the food was good and the water cool. Now I’m sitting paranoid that I accidentally drank water while swimming….I’m hoping nothing starts swimming in my stomach.

No comments: