Tuesday, July 15, 2008

small update

The graduation went well. I wound up handing out the diplomas – I’m pretty sure I was asked to do it ‘cause the lady from the NGO didn’t know the women’s’ names. I was happy to oblige. Afterward Chele and his mom headed out. He’ll be back in August to give another training, but after I’m gone.

Wednesday I headed back in for my final dental visit. I took advantage of my trip in to pick up some Captain Crunch waiting for me in the office, buy bubble wrap for transporting pottery and doing some research. I was pretty lucky, while waiting for the bus to start my trip to the capital, Don Justo passed by in the pick-up…turned out he was headed in the same direction. I love it when I can grab a ride somewhere….anywhere.

I can’t say too much happened during the rest of the week. The soccer tournament on Sunday was surprisingly calm…there have been rumors as to why, but I won’t go into them. Iris’s mom also came in on Sunday, so it was good to see her and catch up. I believe I’ll have to head out to her house at least once more before the end of July.

Yesterday I finished up all the catalogs for the artisans. I’m pleased with how it came out and hope my artisans like it.

I have high hopes of finishing all my work this week and then coasting the final 2 weeks. If I stay on point, it shouldn’t be a problem. Hehehe.
Ohh...and I am officially coming home on the 14th of August - I have the plane ticket.

Alright, quick little update, I know, but enough.

No comments: