Thursday, July 03, 2008

two weeks in one

Sonia’s b-day was actually on Sunday, but since she was spending the day selling food at the soccer tournament we thought it best to wait till Monday. We didn’t tell her this, of course, so she thought we had forgotten all about her b-day. Monday afternoon we made out way up there and surprised her with sandwiches, soda and cake! It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

That was pretty much the high point of the week.

Otherwise, I worked on books for a little while and on a catalog for my artisans. Next week I hope to finish both the books and the catalog. *It is now the following week…yes, I know I should’ve published. The books are mostly done. I can say I’m in agreement with their filing method with entails ordering books in alphabetical order by title (not author) and then just numbering them 1 through whatever. This after we went to a training entailing how to organize a library. But, there is nothing I can do about it now so I’ll just have to let it go. The catalog is moving right along. Though, each artisan wants their own private catalog – I said that I would only to a communal one, but I would give them a disc each with the information if they wanted their sons to change it for them. All were content.

This Monday (we’re talking about the 30th now) I made my way over to the dentist to get some cavities filled. I though there was only one, but apparently there were two – quite deep ones. The dentist overall was great – he had a cool camera so you could see pictures of what was going on in your mouth and was very friendly. My only tiff is that it felt like he waited to strike pain before giving me Novocain to fill the cavities. Not cool. Afterwards I headed over to the PC office to pick up some paperwork and then on home.

On my way to the bus stop I had a scary guy moment. He (a guy in military boots, shorts, no shirt and funky hair) was walking towards me and I decided to give him some room. Just as we were about to pass each other, he steps into my path, grabs me by the shoulder and starts screaming. I pushed him off and kept walking…thankfully he decided not to follow but did continue to scream. I hopped the next available bus and got home.

Iris made me a cup of tea…she’s so good.

I was lying in bed last night and came to the conclusion that I would rather have rats then bats for the following reason: rats don’t shit all over my house and leave bits of food. I think the rats help keep bats away since they run on the beams that the bats like to hang off of. So, if you’re ever given the choice – take rats over bats.

And that’s all for now.

No comments: