Saturday, June 23, 2007

A slightly weird week....

6:15 am on Tuesday morning and someone is knocking on my door – do they not get that I am not awake/alive at this hour? It was a little girl asking/saying, “Don Justo wants to know if your coming to the town hall today.” I said yes and thought it would be the end of it. Then she started asking for a quarter for cheese? I don’t know, I don’t get it. The strangest part is that Don Justo never sent anyone to ask if I was going…..I swear I wasn’t dreaming.

When I finally did get up, I found that I have a new ‘cat’ or ‘rodent of unusual size’ visiting my house at night. This time, thankfully, not in my sink. Unfortunately, on top of some clothes. Yes, I will be sacrificing more peanut butter and taking whatever it is out…at least hopefully.

I also found out that I have a four legged spider in the house…I just feel so bad for him that I won’t kill him.

I’ve learned, this week, that getting three signatures on a tiny letter can be a full days work – even if one of those signatures is your own. You would think that you could locate a priest within a church, but he’s hardly ever there. And then faxing that same letter – I won’t even go into it.

Though, on a brighter note, my meeting with my artisans was a success – almost everyone showed up. They are also all in agreement with paying for the labor and will sign little contracts next Monday…YEY!

I just got back from a little celebration for a friends b-day – Sonia. Not the aunt of Iris, but another Sonia. I’m going to be teaching this one how to make pizza dough sometime next week. Kinda random – but she asked me to help her find a recipe and I did. I also tried it out – I make good pizza. Anyway, she lives a little further outside of town – through a few cow pastures. Which wouldn´t of been bad – but we had to come home while walking in the rain. Something about crossing a river before it got to high.

That brings me to Friday night – all nice and dry, took a hot bucket bath and everything. I´m sitting there talking with afriend about the meaning of the term ´booty call´ when my phone rings. It happens to be a bunch of bolos (drunkards) singing feliz navidad. Iris listens in and agrees that it is a bunch of bolos – but then turns to me and asks how they got my number....I promptly reply that of course they have my number, they´re my family. And thus went my night/week.

No comments: