Monday, June 18, 2007

A weekend that didn't go the way it was suppose to...

Originally, I was suppose to be going to the beach but that was not to be. Instead, I was asked to be a godmother for a soccer team. Meaning, I would parade with them around town on opening day and then give them a soccer ball. So, no beach but God mothering.

Friday night was the gran final of my favorite soap opera - la fea mas bella. I was disappointed. It ended how I thought it would - which is great, but most of the final was scenes from a concert they held while filming the final. So, all the good stuff ended 15 minutes into it and then I was stuck with people singing. Errr...though, I did enjoy the brownies I had made for the event.

Saturday was when things went down hill. I got sick again - this time with a nice fever of over 102 degrees and a bad stomach. It took me down slowly and reached its peak around 8pmish. So, I called the nurse and she told me to take some un-aspirin (that is literally the name on the package), drink liquids and come into the capital early the next day to go to the lab (since it was the only one open on a sunday).

Sunday morning comes around and I've lowered my temperature - by taking unaspirin and sleeping with a fan on me - and I crawl onto a bus. And then I crawl onto a second bus. And then I walk (crawl) twenty minutes to the lab. It was so bad. I got diagnosed with a nice stomach infection and a UTI. I get the weirdest symptoms when I have UTIs - like knee pain. Anyway, it was bad and I wound up staying the night in the capital.

Though, what really got me was that I couldn't be the God mother anymore, I gave the ball I bought to Mayra and she was the God mother. I was so mad - I spent my money on that stupid ball and she got to give it. Errrr.

Anyway, it's now monday. I'm in the capital and procrastinanting. I really just don't feel like getting on the bus, I will, I just don't feel like it.

No comments: