Monday, January 07, 2008

December Vacation!

I believe I left off talking about driving up on the 23rd and finishing the drive on the 24th.

I should note that this will only be a short review of events – since the majority of people who read this blog were also the people present at the events.

I should also note that it was quite hectic – I think I only stayed in one place for more then a night twice….so things may get confusing.

Since Maryann was unable to get home for Christmas, we decided to celebrate with the Wenglers! We enjoyed scrumptious fair (I definitely ate to must during the entire vacation) and some good time with the fam.

We headed out mid-day on the 25th for the Ehlen’s place. Again – fabulous food and good times with the fam. I also saw my puppy there – she didn’t recognize me! It was kinda depressing. I think after a few days she figured it out. It was here that I set-up base camp – that is, I left all my stuff there and only took what I needed with me. Thank you Aunt Liz!

Again, the next day we were off to Grandma’s! Here we spent two nights. It was also here that I saw all my littler cousins – none of which were little anymore. Quite depressing. They all tried to say I was now the shortest of them all – I corrected them and said Maryann was the shortest and dared them to mock her. :o)

It was also where I ran into more chickens. Apparently my uncle now has chickens. I promptly told him I did not fly over 5 hours and drive 2 more to see more chickens.

The next day was spent shopping with the parents – my last day of pillaging. I picked up some last minute food items, a fan for the laptop (I didn’t want this one to fry like the last one) and some other smaller things.

That night (I believe this is the night of the 27th) I got a Swedish massage. Thank You Aunt Joanne! The masseuse tried as hard as he could, and he did an awesome job, but he just couldn’t get all the knots out….they’re pretty vicious. After that, I went back to Grandma’s for dinner…I really did eat way to much during the vacation.

Friday we headed back down to Aunt Liz’s where my parents dropped me off (after lunch of course) and they started their trip to SC. I chilled in the house and chit chatted with Tory and Obie. I also pillaged some movies from Obie. Yey.

Saturday I went into the city and met up with friends! Tory and I met up first and stood in the discount ticket line for no apparent reason. Got off the line, got a small snack. Enter Mena, Chris and Shawn. We again went on the line, bought tickets for Avenue Q and then hit up a diner. It turned out to be a great day. Tory stayed with us up until the show, then she went to go visit other friends. Avenue Q is a great show and I hightly recommend it. Afterward, we hit up Juniors and divided a 6” cheesecake between us. It was soooo good. We then decided we would hit up dinner in Chinatown, and since we were so full and it was early, we would walk there. That’s right – from Broadway to Chinatown. My feet were hurting in the end, but it was well worth the food. It was after dinner that we went our separate ways. It was a great day and thanks to those who made it in!

That night I went back to Aunt Liz’s where David and Jenny swung by to pick me up. They came by around 12ish? Maybe a little later? Anyway, I got to their house and crashed.

Sunday was just us messing around the house, doing some shopping (no – I don’t believe I got anything) and …eating! We went to the Cheesecake Factory where the waiter thought he was funny by handing me the check at the end – if only he knew what I do for a living. It was just nice to hang out with the two of them. I also took advantage of two things A - took a nice long hot bath, I miss those and B – had David figure out a way to delete most of the repeat songs I had on my hard drive….there were a lot.

New Year’s Eve David had to work – so Jenny and I cooked all day long. Yes, I helped. I tasted everything. That evening was a small get together (Jenny’s bro, a couple and another friend). It was nice and quite. Though, at around 10ish we realized that there wasn’t enough beer. They all started talking about how more was needed – and then they brought it to my attention that I was the only one who hadn’t started drinking yet. Yup – I drove after a year and a half of not doing so….it was fun.

I guess that brings me to the first of the year. We all went out to Toast – a wonderful little breakfast place. I enjoyed my last waffle before heading back to David & Jenny’s. There, we popped open the Champaign (which we forgot to do last night) before packing up.

Then it was back to Aunt Liz’s for a final dinner and packing. I also managed to wash all my clothing – sweet. I had to borrow a duffle bag….apparently I bought just a little too much…hehehe. Jenny helped me squeeze it all in…tightly.

Then it was just a waiting game for my flight. I spent my final house watching all those show’s on tv I just don’t get to see – I won’t name them, they’re really bad. Jessie gave me my ride to the airport and my final hug. My flight left at 3:20am.

No comments: