Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A long weekend

I really didn't do anything much on my long weekend....and it was wonderful.
I shouldn't say nothing - I cleaned the house and packed a bag in eager anticipation of my bro's visit.
This cleaning even included scrubbing the mosquito net since some bats had flown through and left their business behind. Pleasantly enough, I didn't run into any really scary bugs this time.
I packed up a bag for my bro to take back with him. I figure I'll be going home in about 3 months (yes, a very scary prospect) and I should aprovechar (take advantage of) his trip to start sending things home. It was sort of sad to do since it meant the beginning of the end. I packed a bunch of things I never thought I would keep - gifts from friends that are a little tacky, but I love them.
I also packed a carry on for him - it's full of pottery. poor guy.
Otherwise, I just worked on the world map. It's almost done. A student is writing the names of the countries and erasing the pencil lines. I'll then go back, do touch ups and then seal the thing with varnish and call it a day. This week we worked on some touch ups but also repainting the wall surrounding the map and writing continent names with paint. Unfortunately, we had a few spills - nothing that gas (yes, we use gas) couldn't clean up.
And now I'm writing this on Wed again, since I'll be leaving tomorrow for swearing in and then to pick up PJ at the airport. YEY!

No comments: