Wednesday, April 30, 2008

slowly moving along


I can’t say too much happened this week, though I seem to say that about every week.

Worked on the world map – it is now fully painted and all borders have been redrawn. It looks quite nice. I’ve also added in the numbers. I hate it when I accidentally skip a country and then have to go back and number it and now it’s clearly out of sequence with the surrounding countries. Now all’s that left is to draw lines so a student can write down all the country names. I didn’t want to use my ugly hand writing.

Ayuda en Accion helped pick up some tables for me. In the budget of my artisan project was funds for the purchase of two tables. These tables are meant to be used for the artisans when they’re selling in the park or to take with them to set up selling areas in different parts. I was having trouble getting them since I don’t have membership to the Pricemart where they are sold. This NGO did and was nice enough to go get them for me. Another thing off the list...yey!

Over this past weekend I headed west to another volunteers site. Yes, I went and participated in a PC soccer game. But only because my friend lent me her sneakers…. you will remember that mine were stolen the previous weekend. It was a good weekend of hanging out with others and seeing someone else’s site. And incase you wondering, I think we won…but can’t be sure.

Now I’m writing this on Wednesday – the last day of the month. Apparently, they celebrate May 1st down here…so I have the rest of the week off. It’s a ruff life.

Ohh…and the bats have moved back in.

No comments: