Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hola de El Salvador

Hey everyone!


I have finally found my way to a small internet cafe and decided to write. Where to begin? Did you know my name is actually a spanish word, its a little irritating. What is actually more irritating is that fact that one of the trainers has the same name.

I arrieved last wed and went to a ´hotel´. I´m with approx. 25 other volunteers in training. Our training lasts for 10 weeks and is pretty hectic. And no, i still don´t know what my job will entail.
Í´m currently living with a family a small town. The family consists of a mother (a widow) and five children, two of which live in the United States, two are in school still and the last one works in an ice cream shop, she´s my favorite. Random family members also stop by.

My facilities aren´t what one may think. The shower is cold, but there is a shower and bucket baths are pretty nice. I also have a toilet (surprise!), but i have to throw a bucket of water down it to flush it. And sleeping under a mosqito net is actually kinda cool. Unfortunatly, the day time mosquitos love me, absolutly adore me. Because of this, i pretty much bath in DEET. Yey! Í´ve also improved my bug killing skills.


The weather is surprisingly cool, but it rains everyday....guess that´s why they call it the rainy season.

Well, that´s all I´ve got for now! Hasta Luego!

What

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boiled banana, not the first thing I would go for, glad you are eating your veggies, your host mom does not appreceiate the stomach issues you have...my diet is going along, I seem to have hit a temporary plateau, stuck at losing 4 lbs...well I decided to fight the battle...love ya, mom