Thursday, June 15, 2006

Settling In

I couldn´t do it, I just couldn´t eat boiled banana in milk. I made a cultural fax pa and said I didn´t like it. I don´t think my host mother was too offended and I must say I welcomed the corn flakes. This mornings fried banana was much better! Otherwise, I´m eating more vegeaibles then ever before! I know this is a shock to those who know my eating habits. But hey, new place, new food.

Talking about food, I´ve also learned how to make tortillas. I make mine thin, small and far from round....just the way i like them. Hopefully I´ll learn how to make a few more items while i´m here.

I´ve also started watching telenovelas, which are soap operas. There very popular down here and are on during prime time. My favorites are El Mujer en el Espejo and La Fea Mas Bella. I´ll keep you posted on what´s going on with those as soon as I figure it out.

As some may have heard, I´ve had my first illness.....a stomach infection. But I´m all good now, I´ve been taking a medicine called Cipro. It pretty much kills everything in your stomach. It was great when within 48 hours I took 4 doses of cipro, had a hepititas shot, and finished the cocktail with my malaria medication.

Otherwise, just chillin in El Salvador.

¡Hasta Luego!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy...boiled banana in milk...haha.
love you!
-Abby

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,

I love reading your blog. What a different and wonderful experience. I got your letter when I went to school today. You have 22 coming.

Love Aunt Patty

Anonymous said...

Hi! It certainly sounds like your busy in El Salvador. It's good to hear from you . . Hope you are feeling okay!
LOve Grandma