Monday, September 25, 2006

Homesickness

I think it began with getting a package from mom and dad. Or maybe the whole parade thing. It could have been the big cockroach in my bag that it took my a half an hour to kill with a broomstick. But any which way, I woke up Saturday homesick and in a funk. I was going to accompany my host sister to her parents’ house…but then I wasn’t feeling well either. So, I optioned for the stay at home, eat MandM´s, and drink tea philosophy. It turned out to be the better decision since my host sis got rained on and they had car trouble. On Sunday Rachael came to my rescue and we headed into Sonsonate for some Pizza Hut. Yes…Pizza Hut is now comfort food and considered high living. Eventually, after talking with the parents and siblings, I’ve managed to get my self out of my homesickness. I also had a good Monday.

No comments: