Friday, April 04, 2008

Ants come marching

I can’t say too much has happened since the last blog entry.

Work wise, we’re starting to really move on the fuel-efficient stoves. I had a meeting where only two guys showed up to see a demo on the stove. These two guys then set up times to get demos done in their communities. Now both those communities are putting in orders for the stoves. Word of this got around quickly, so now I have other people asking for fuel efficient stoves. I think this is a nice small project to do in my last few months of service.

What else am I doing to finish up down here?

I just finished buying paint to paint a world map in the local school. Originally, the paint was supposed to be donated, but that fell through. So, instead of going back to the school and saying that I lied about receiving paint – I bought it with tip money I received from translating at that medical brigade. We start work next week.

Ayuda en Accion (NGO – Help in Action) is renewing work with my artisans. Apparently, the last woman in charge of Santo Domingo from AeA wasn’t exactly up to par. So my artisans are a little weary. But, I’m a little more optimistic since I know the guy in charge there and believe he is sincere in getting the work going with them. He’s the guy I occasionally have tea with and chit chat.

Other then that, not to much going on.

I woke up this morning to ant invading the house near the front door…I swept them out and threw down some poison. I don’t understand why they find my tile floor so attractive.

I’m also starting to get nervous as the end of my service approaches. Time to start thinking of what I want to be when I grow up. I think I may stay here till August 7th – just long enough to celebrate the Patron Saint festivals.
Who knows

No comments: