Saturday, November 18, 2006

Una maestra de ingles (an english teacher)

I am a terrible teacher. Terrible. They sit there and stare at me. I hate being stared at. Alright, that was the first class, the second class was better. On Monday (the first class) I started with the alphabet and didn’t really know where to go from there. After you go through the alphabet twice with words, sounds and all….what do you do? I went through some phrases and then the class was over….it was a little short. Wednesday’s class was better, but still short. I’m using Wed classes to review Monday’s class. I made up a quiz consisting of matching the letter to the sound, small translations and answering simple questions….I then split them into three groups and made it a competition! It was awesome. I brought chocolate as the grand prize. They all had a good time. But I really have to try to extend the class time…maybe that will happen naturally as the material gets harder. I think for next week’s numbers we’ll play bingo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there little trooper!

Sad to hear your refridgerator busted! I'd be devestated as it would probably be filled with luxurious cheeses and sauces.

I owe you a letter. That letter I've been talking about turned up write before heading off to the airport. I put stamps on it and of course took it all the way to Australia with me. The stamps and the info inside are both useless now.

Life has moved on to better and bigger things now...

Coming soon to a post box near you :)