Monday, December 04, 2006

I didn´t crash this one

During the week I got to run over to Yuayua for a night to meet up with some other volunteers and Bryan Dwyer (the boss). It is really beautiful up there. Nice, clean and cool (weather wise). It is more of a tourist destination. And the pupusas were phenomenal. I think I’ll take people there if they visit me. It apparently has a food festival in the park every Sunday where you can get a plate full of delicious sea food for $5-6. Anyhow, we just met up to have a small meeting and catch up with everyone. It was nice to hear that others were having the same difficulties as I was. It was also nice that the boss uncorked several bottles of wine. Though, during the middle of the meeting Sonia called me to harass me and to ask me where I was for La Fea (my soap opera…which I am completely hooked on…it’s sooo good right now). It was actually quite funny.

That brings me to Friday and Saturday….both days I spent the majority of my time in my house. Why? My refrigerator. I got a new one!! I went Saturday to the store and sat there till they said the repair guy was coming and he would give me a lift back to my house and take a look at the fridge. He looked at it and was like…want a new one? I said yes. Though, they were a little shady about it. The guys came with the new one but transferred all my shelving and brackets from inside the old fridge to the new fridge and put all the new stuff in my old fridge. I think they are going to repair it and sell it as new. I think I also figured out why my old fridge died. The socket it was plugged into no longer works. I think when the socket died it took the fridge with it in a blaze of glory.

The tournament went smoothly on Sunday. Not much to report in that area, but Sunday night I went to a quince añera.

This was my second quince añera…but this one I was actually invited to. I think they thought that I was gonna crash it anyway so they might as well give me an invitation. Either way, it was nice to get my own little invitation with my name on it. I got her earrings. My box was by far the smallest, but size doesn’t matter…right? I went and ate (love free food) and hung around. During the few minutes the music died, Jenny, David, PJ and Dana gave me a call. (I hope I spelled Dana’s name right). It was really quite miraculous they called when they did. Though after a while I had to hang up since the music was on and in full blast. Of course, two second after I hung up they turned down the music. Figures.

So, that’s about all for now. I’m counting down the days till Aunt Ann’s wedding and seeing family.

No comments: