Saturday, December 23, 2006

One more entry for the year

Alright, I figured I would write one more entry before the holidays.

This week went incredibly slow...incredibly. Probably cause I´ve been counting the days...but that is besides the point.

Yesterday we had our office party. I´m not sure what type of meat i ate, they weren´t sure either. Then they figured it out and told me, but I still have no idea what I ate, but it was good. All the employees got different gift baskets donated from buisness the alcaldia works with. I was excited to get a new guacal (kinda like a big plastic bowl that you use for everything down here) and some free food. I´m all about the free food. Otherwise, everyone just kinda chilled and chatted. After the giveaways, a bunch of people made a break for it. I stayed. It´s fun seeing the office crew get a little hammered and then start to dance. I got back home around 5:30ish.

That brings me to today. I´m packing up everything. Iris helped me wrap your gift Aunt Ann....unfortuanly the word gaudy hasn´t entered into their vocabulary. Man is it ugly. I´m hoping they force me to open it in costums.

Otherwise, for your information, I´ll be spending Christmas Eve at Iris´s house opening preseants, drinking and eating (but not turkey...she sold the Christmas turkey). I´ll then spend Christmas Day at the beach...it´s tradition down here. Get some last minute color before shipping out.

Well...Love you all and have a wonderful Christmas!

Love

Your favorite Peace Corps Volunteer

No comments: