Saturday, January 13, 2007

Epiphany

or Dia de los reye magi

They actually celebrate it! But not it a way that you would think. ..is it ever?

I met up with Racheal on Saturday to buy stuff for my crepe party (more on that later) and then we headed back to my site.

In the afternoon, the culture house put on a little show. They had games, like musical chairs, and dances by local children. It was cute and a lot of peole came out to see and participate.

After, Racheal went back to my place and I cooked up some chicken cutlets! (thanks mom, for the breadcrumbs). Heidy even came over. It was a nice dinner, a dinner I had over and over again. Gotta love left overs.

The most interesting part of the celebration was at night. It´s when the guys of the town dress up as women or monsters and dance. Actually, there is a pick-up that plays music. If you pay them a $1, you can see the guys dance for two songs. They danced from like 7:30ish till 1 or 2am. I went to bed before that. At the end of the night, all the guys split up the money. It was a fun evening.

No comments: