Saturday, January 20, 2007

I thought it was a good idea....

So, I thought it was a great idea to get speakers for my little office area. Heidy and I have been chillin sin musica for a few months now …so I thought it was about time. I bought a pair of $6 speakers and brought them to the office. I should of made sure she had a plentiful source of music first. I love ‘dust in the wind’, but how many times can I honestly listen to it in one day. She’s worse then Louise Ernesto (another guy who works in the office). But, at least it’s not Celine Dion’s ‘My heart will go on’, then I would snap.

My plan is to…when no one is watching…to load itunes on to her computer and then all my music…bwa ha ha ha ha!!! This insanity must end!

In other news…I’m starting work on my garden. So far… I’ve cleaned it out. No small task when one is scared of big bugs…but I did it! I also had the help of Myra. My next step is to get tomato crates and soil. The dirt in my back yard isn’t good for growing stuff…so I’m gonna go steal dirt from Don Justo (the mayor). Then it’s off to the agroservicio to buy some seeds. (Just went to the agroservicio and they gave them to me for free cause they found out I was a PCV! YEY) Maybe I’ll even go pick up some worms from the PC office. I figure I’ll grow the stuff in the boxes and lay down stuff between the boxes to help prevent bug infestations. Apparently, down here they are a lot more common…they don’t have the winter to kill off the little guys. I’m also waiting for the papayas to ripen in my backyard. Yup, I have a papaya tree. My friends can’t wait to steal them…and I’m ok with that. I can’t say I’m a huge papaya person.

Then there is softball, Iris has come back to the team! I think it is because Nina Chella (mother-in-law of Iris and owner of the pharmacy Iris is running) is telling Iris that she will not be coming back from the United States. Yes, she is there with a visa…not illegally. And I don’t think Iris likes the idea of spending the rest of her life in a little store...so…she’s coming back out to join the rest of the world.

Then there’s the environment. Olivia has decided to start work on the environment, since it is her job, and I’m going to help. We’re starting off with a survey of the urban area. Asking people what they do with their trash, how they cook, and things such at that.

My little computer thing is slowly moving along. Actually, while typing some of this, I am waiting for some of the teachers to come to fill out the application. I hope they decide to participate. Otherwise, it was just nice to get some face-to-face time with them and let them know whom I was and that I am here.

Alright..that’s all for now. Oh wait…5 DAYS TILL MY B-DAY!! Go me!

No comments: